Friday, January 11, 2013

Beauty...is on the inside

Josh T., Mike Masland and Joe



This is a journal that Lis gave to me in 2000.  You can almost make out the title, embossed in silver letters: "beauty is on the inside."

You can see that Lis wrote a special message to me on the 1st page of my journal:


I use this journal to save special messages that I come across from time to time.  Things to ponder and to teach me.  I go back to this journal to find inspiration and solace.

These days this journal sits on the secretary in my living room.  I leave a new page open every day. This morning, I stopped to admire all these photos of Joe and his friends that lay next to the book.  I opened my journal and found a quote that could be the caption for all these fantastic photographs:

"When you meet someone who is truly great, he makes you believe you can be great, too..."

Beauty really is on the inside...

Love to all,

Doreen

3 comments:

Alexa S. said...

This is a beautiful tribute!!!!Everyone at Kforce wishes you, your family and Joe peace love and support. You are in our thoughts each day.

Kindest Regards,

Alexa Scalzi

Unknown said...

Much love to a very special family. You are in my heart and prayers.

TiffanyOfiero124 said...

how beautiful and what a great picture xo