Friday, January 11, 2013

Beauty...is on the inside

Josh T., Mike Masland and Joe



This is a journal that Lis gave to me in 2000.  You can almost make out the title, embossed in silver letters: "beauty is on the inside."

You can see that Lis wrote a special message to me on the 1st page of my journal:


I use this journal to save special messages that I come across from time to time.  Things to ponder and to teach me.  I go back to this journal to find inspiration and solace.

These days this journal sits on the secretary in my living room.  I leave a new page open every day. This morning, I stopped to admire all these photos of Joe and his friends that lay next to the book.  I opened my journal and found a quote that could be the caption for all these fantastic photographs:

"When you meet someone who is truly great, he makes you believe you can be great, too..."

Beauty really is on the inside...

Love to all,

Doreen

3 comments:

Alexa S. said...

This is a beautiful tribute!!!!Everyone at Kforce wishes you, your family and Joe peace love and support. You are in our thoughts each day.

Kindest Regards,

Alexa Scalzi

Mary Rose OBrien said...

Much love to a very special family. You are in my heart and prayers.

TiffanyOfiero124 said...

how beautiful and what a great picture xo